Pages

Sunday, November 15, 2020

Die Cut Christmas: Let it Snow

Some of the Christmas cards I've made this year have been done almost exclusively with die cuts, and the latest ones were made with the Let It Snow Frame die from Poppy Stamps. This is one of those dies that you can mix and match the inside pieces and outside pieces. I'll show you a few cards I made with this die. I also think it would be pretty with a photo of a nice snow scene in it.


This one might be my favorite of the three. I cut the Let It Snow die out of one of my panels made with shaving cream and inkers. You can see that technique here, here, here and here. This is a perfect background for this die. All of the panels were cut out with The Greetery Crimped Frame die, and then the Let It Snow die was cut by centering it in those panels. 

I cut a square of dark blue cardstock to go behind the sentiment. I used a die from Simon Says Stamp (Sparkling Snowflakes Breeze) on the dark blue panel, and put silver glitter paper behind the openings in the die. That only covered from the lower left to the upper right of the square, so I cut lots of circles (and even a couple of stars) out of the glitter paper with some punches, and glued them all down. I also added some white dots with a gel pen. 

In the next two cards, I made use of all of the pieces.


In these two cards, I used the dark blue square as the center of one and the Oxide glaze piece as center in the other. The squares are actually inlaid into the cards

The inked panel was made with Distress Oxides, using the Oxide Glaze technique on glossy caardstock. You can see this technique here, here, here and here.

On the above card, I used The Greetery Snowflake Corners dies for the corners and the snowflake. I added glitter dots from Elizabeth Craft.


In the card above, I added snowflakes cut from white cardstock and blue mirror cardstock. I used snowflake dies from Elizabeth Craft, Impression Obsession and The Greetery.

Yes, I used a lot of dies for these cards, but if you read my blog post here, where I was contemplating all of the dies I have not used, I am trying to see how well they all can be used together. I admit that my favorite cards are a combination of stamping with coloring or painting and a die cut or two; but in going through all of my dies and trying them out, I put together quite a few cards that have no stamping or coloring. They do however have interesting techniques done in the backgrounds, so if you have not seen those posts, please check them out using the links provided.

There will be more of these die cut Christmas cards coming, so please keep following. I hope you like them!

Products Used

All 3 cards:
Poppy Stamps Let It Snow Frame die 1880
The Greetery Crimped Frame die
PTI Enchanted Evening cardstock
Neenah Solar White cardstock 110#

Card #1:
Simon Says Stamp S528 Sparkling Snowflakes Breeze die
Silver glitter paper
Hole punches: 1/8", 1/4", Fiskars star punch
White gel pen
Background panel made with shaving cream and
Distress inkers: Broken China,
Faded Jeans and Speckled Egg 
(see links above for directions)

Card #2:
The Greetery Frosty Corners Dies GD-M-027
Elizabeth Craft glitter dots
For the background panel, please see above
links for directions

Card #3
Elizabeth Craft 1409 Ornate Snowflakes
Elizabeth Craft glitter dots
Elizabeth Craft silver snowflake peel-offs
Impression Obsession die 100-F Small Snowflake Set
Memory Box blue mirror cardstock



2 comments:

  1. You are in the mood for making x-mas cards. Love these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mariëtte! Yes, I usually prefer to do them all year, but I got busy making the cards for charity this year, so I am behind with these! ;-)

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne